Monday, May 14, 2007

Take a Look at my Girlfriend


I stopped at garage sale in Northeast Mpls this past weekend and found this little nugget of vinyl goodness. Supertramp's Breakfast in America. I remember listening to this album a lot when I was a kid. I had it on a cassette tape and I just loved staring at the album cover with the city made out of breakfast cereal boxes and dished and cutlery. And "Libby" posing as a service industry statue of liberty. The music is good too. Released in 1979, this album is full of straightforward seventies rock. I've listened to the record about five times since Saturday afternoon.

1 comment:

David said...

I just checked to make sure you didn't buy my copy, but I still have it. On vinyl. Purchased new, while it was still on the charts. Not sure if Supertramp is a guilty pleasure of mine, or what, but I have listened to half a dozen of their albums, and even sampled some stuff from their live in Paris album for an audio collage of mine back in 1981 or so. I think I'll "Take the Long Way Home" and think on this some more.