Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Will you still love me when I'm 64?

Time to wake up and take my pills. This one for the heart, this one for my head, this one for my eyes, this one for my leg. I peek outside and the snow is coming down hard. I am thankful I no longer have to commute in this mess every morning. I have a different routine now that I have retired. My wife is heading out to have brunch with her ladies. I turn on the television to check the score of the Wolves game from the previous night. ESPN 37 usually has the baseball news in the morning and ESPN 58 has basketball highlights. I don’t know what we did before there were 6000 channels to choose from.

I set my creaking bones on my faded lazy boy and enjoy the morning alone. The snow lets up around noon so I head to the garage to retrieve the snowblower. Most people have automated snow removers they can turn on at the flip of a switch and it cleans their driveway in five minutes. I, on the other hand, have nothing else to do all day and it gives me something to complain about.

No comments: