Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Wedding Bells

I know nothing about weddings except that when I go to them I usually get drunk and make and idiot of myself out on the dance floor. I never put much thought into the planning of an event as important as a wedding. Even while I was buying a ring, I never thought about things like caterers and reception sites and flowers. This was a major oversight on my part. There are things I never knew existed like people whose entire job is planning weddings. I never knew that if you plan on getting married you need to book a place to do it well in advance. I thought it was like making a dinner reservation, that you just called a golf course or a hotel and said, “Yeah, I’ve got 150 people coming in two weeks so you might need to push some tables together or something.”

It doesn’t work that way.

No comments: