Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Rant

Dear Petsmart pet store employee,

I know that even though I declined to sign up for a Petsmart saver card four times in the previous forty-five seconds you may have still been confused. I appreciate you asking for the fifth time and pushing me over the edge. I want you to know how good it made me feel to scream at you, "Dude! Can I just buy my shit and get out of here?". I know it is this kind of resolve that you wish to see. I stand strong in my defiance of your saver card.

My question for you is this: why don't you just give me the dollar off my dog treats instead of making me sign away my life to some secret society? I am sure the card is meant to promote customer loyalty, but why don't you tell your marketing geniuses that if you just make the product a dollar cheaper to begin with, people will probably buy that product.

Why is it like this in any store now? Would you like to use your Target Visa today? Would you like to apply for a Kohls card? How about would you like to fucking let me give your company some money and leave your whorish little pet store and go play with my dog?

No comments: